Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Election 2008

Last Thursday, I was able to vote for our future (fingers-crossed) president. Some brilliant ex-pats (other non-nationals) working at the local U.S. Consulate figured out how to provide absentee ballots for those of us who had not received ours yet. To save time on returning our ballots (and increasing the likelihood that our votes will count), they planned to send them with the weekly consulate mail.

It was quite weird to see so many (non-roommate) ex-pats in one space, but it felt great to be able to exercise my civic duty, even from afar. In a way, I felt like I was surrounded by family. Thank goodness for well-informed roomies who were able to help me find this random event!

Please be encouraged to take the time to participate in this election...whomever you chose to vote for~

*Side note: A comment made by one of our national staff today to my roommate was that he likes Gov. Palin because "she's funny...she doesn't seem to take it seriously...I think she should be your vice president," to which my roommate could only reply with: "I am deeply offended by that comment." HAHAHA!

No comments: